Terms & Conditions
Thank you for your interest in submitting your photography to Bank of the Sierra’s Capture Your Community Photo Showcase. We value your creative voice and your rights to your work. These terms and conditions will outline rights and limitations to liabilities regarding your submission of images to our website.
Guidelines for Images/ Photos
Here are guidelines to consider when submitting your Images to us:
- Every image must be your original work
- Images must be taken in California
- Only digital images are accepted for this promotion
- We prefer horizontal (landscape) to vertical (portrait) orientation for images
Bank of the Sierra will not knowingly use or publish the following:
- Images depicting persons that are identifiable
- Copyrighted images, or images owned by another person
- Images of anything illegal
- Images that contain your or another’s name or nickname, or any other personal information such as email addresses or phone numbers
- Digital image files that contain anti-copying or tracking devices
You must be at least 18 years old to submit Images to us.
We do not claim responsibility for maintaining the images you submit on our website, and you are therefore responsible for maintaining your own copy of your Images.
Submit your pictures via our community website. By accessing this website (the “Website”) or by submitting your images to us, you agree to the following terms:
Terms and Conditions for your Submissions
By submitting Images or User Information to us, you agree that:
- You understand and acknowledge that you will not receive compensation from us in any form.
- We reserve all rights to use our discretion whether or not to display your images.
- We may remove your Images and User Information at any time without notice to you.
- We may alter your Images and/or User Information at our discretion for suitability, compliance with our rules our any other purpose we deem appropriate.
- You are fully responsible for your Images and User Information and the consequences of submitting them to us and our use thereof as permitted by these terms.
You affirm to us that:
- That you have the necessary rights, consents and permissions to the images and information submitted to us;
- You are 18 years or older;
- The information you provided us with is true and correct; and
- Your agreement to these terms does not in any way conflict with any existing legal agreement or commitment to any third party.
You will not submit Images or User Information that:
- Is false, inaccurate, or misleading;
- Is defamatory, hateful, threatening or otherwise abusive or objectionable in nature
- Infringes or otherwise violates the rights of any third party. This includes copyright and other proprietary rights ;
- Violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; or
- Contains any anti-copying devices, tracking devices, computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
License to Us
Submissions are accepted without compensation of any kind. By submitting, you grant us full and exclusive rights to use your image(s) in any way we deem fit, including altering them, display, distribution, publishing, sublicensing, and creating derivative works, whether now or in the future. You understand and agree that we have the option, but not the obligation, to use the Images you submit to us, and that use of your image grants us use of the information that you provide us with. The right and license you grant us is perpetual, irrevocable, exclusive, royalty-free, unrestricted, and worldwide, without your further consent.
Submission of Your Email Address
Intellectual Property Policy
We respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe that any Images posted to any of our sites infringes upon your rights, feel free to contact us immediately to report the possible issue:
Bank of the Sierra
Attn: Marketing Department
P.O. Box 1930
email: marketing at bankofthesierra dot com
Ownership of Copyright
The Website contains material that is owned by or licensed to us. You may not copy, reproduce, download, upload, post, distribute, republish, retransmit, perform or modify in any way any of the material on this Website, including, without limitation, any images or written material without our prior written permission. All rights and licenses not expressly granted to you in these terms are reserved to us.
Exclusion of Liability
Use of the website is “as is,” and comes with no warranties as to the information or other content contained therein. Bank of the Sierra is not liable in any way to website users or other third parties. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, we disclaim liabilities expressed or implied as to the website’s merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, accuracy, and non-infringement. We do not assert that the material contained in the website is error-free, or that errors will be corrected, and we disclaim liability for any viruses, malware or other potentially harmful code encountered while using the website, and as such assert that under no circumstances, including negligence, shall we or any affiliated companies, affiliated individuals, licensees, or their affiliated persons be liable for damages of any nature arising out of or in any way connected with the use of our website or the material contained therein. If you are dissatisfied by the use of the website or the content contained therein, your only recourse will be to discontinue the use of the website. We reserve the right to discontinue any aspect of the website at any time without notice.
By using this website, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless from any and all claims, suits, allegations, liabilities, damages, penalties, fines, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, that arise from any actual or alleged violation of these terms. We will provide notice to you of any such claim, suit or proceeding at the email address that you submit to us with your Images and will cooperate with you to a reasonable degree, at your expense, in your defense of any such claim, suit, or proceeding.
We may terminate your right to access and use the Website at any time without notice. Termination only relates to your right to access and use the Website and won’t in any way affect or limit the provisions of these terms, all of which shall survive termination of your access to the website.
These terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of California and venue shall be in the state courts located in Tulare County, California.