From the windows of the Bank of the Sierra corporate offices, you can clearly see the mountain range that gives the Bank its name. There is beauty in every single community that we’re in. Maybe it’s the sun hitting just right as it rises over a field. Maybe it’s a certain stretch of beach that not many people know about. We’re hosting a photo contest to showcase the best submissions in local photography.
What we Want:
We’re calling for local photography that showcases the splendor of the surroundings of any Bank of the Sierra community. Winning selections will exemplify the natural beauty of the Sierras, the Central Valley, or California’s Central Coast. Man-made structures are permissible in the photos, but we’re not really interested in photos of people or pets.
Guidelines for Images/ Photos
Here are guidelines to consider when submitting your Images to us:
- Every image must be your original work
- Images must be taken in California
- We accept images in digital form only
- We prefer horizontal (landscape) to vertical (portrait) orientation for images
What We Don’t Want:
Images with the elements below won’t be considered for the photo showcase:
- Images depicting persons that are identifiable
- Images in which the copyright is owned by a person other than you
- Images that contain unlawful subject matter
- Images that contain your name or nickname, any other symbol or device that identifies you to others, or a copyright legend, or other personally identifiable information such as, but not limited to, email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
- Digital image files that contain anti-copying or tracking devices
For the Winners
Selected photographs will be featured right here in Bank of the Sierra’s photo showcase. In addition, we’ll select the best photos featuring Sierra Nevada and/or agricultural images to be displayed on Bank of the Sierra’s main webpage, with photographer credit.
How to Participate:
Contest is open to everyone, professional and amateur, and there is no fee to enter your photos.
To submit your entry:
- Take photos! Multiple entries per month are acceptable. Please submit only high resolution entries, but please keep submissions below 6 MB per image.
- In your email, please include the following (submissions without this information won’t be considered):
- Your name
- How long you’ve been a Bank of the Sierra customer (if applicable)
- A simple title for the photograph
- Location information
- A brief caption or description of what’s pictured (optional)
- Info about the camera/lens settings used (optional)
- Submit entries using our online form.
Take a look back at past winners and other featured photography from our communities.