How to Apply
Simply complete the following steps and submit to your local Bank of the Sierra Market President.
Step 1 – Complete the Sierra Grant Application.
Applications are available at each Bank of the Sierra branch or can be downloaded.
Prepare a proposal letter no longer than three typed pages including the following information:
- Organization Description: Summary of mission and objectives, contact name, phone number, and e-mail address.
- Project Description: Grant amount requested, project history, number and demographics of persons served, expected results, marketing and promotional plans, dates and ticket prices or fees of performances or events, if applicable.
- Volunteerism: Please describe any opportunity for Bank of the Sierra’s volunteer involvement that might be associated with the grant or project.
- Tax Exempt Status Letter: Copy of your organization’s IRS 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status letter.
Step 2 – Collect and attach additional information:
The following documents would be helpful, but are not absolutely required:
- Project/program budget detailing expenses, anticipated income sources, and any previous funding by Bank of the Sierra.
- Current list of business and foundation donors to your organization with their contribution levels.
- Current list of donors to the proposed project with their contribution levels.
- Current annual operating budget with income and expenses.
- List of your organization’s Board of Directors, including names, titles, and affiliations.
Schools or units of government: Submit your request on official letterhead and attach only the first two documents requested.
Step 3 – Submit
Make a copy for your records. Submit all materials to a Bank of the Sierra Market President, who will submit your request, make funding recommendations, and be your contact for information and status updates.
For inquiries about the Sierra Grant application process, please contact your local Bank of the Sierra branch Market President, or call us at 888-454-BANK.