How to Apply
Simply complete the following steps to submit your Sierra Grant application.
Step 1 – Complete the Sierra Grant Application.
Applications are only available online. Please prepare the items listed below and submit them through our online application portal.
Sierra Grant Online Application Portal
Prepare a proposal letter no longer than three typed pages including the following information:
- Organization Description: Summary of mission and objectives, contact name, phone number, and e-mail address.
- Project Description: Grant amount requested, project history, number and demographics of persons served, expected results, marketing and promotional plans, dates and ticket prices or fees of performances or events, if applicable.
- Volunteerism: Please describe any opportunity for Bank of the Sierra’s volunteer involvement that might be associated with the grant or project.
- Tax Exempt Status Letter: Copy of your organization’s IRS 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status letter.
- W-9: Signed and dated Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification.
Step 2 – Collect and attach additional information:
The following documents would be helpful, but are not absolutely required:
- Project/program budget detailing expenses, anticipated income sources, and any previous funding by Bank of the Sierra.
- Current list of business and foundation donors to your organization with their contribution levels.
- Current list of donors to the proposed project with their contribution levels.
- Current annual operating budget with income and expenses.
- List of your organization’s Board of Directors, including names, titles, and affiliations.
- Impact Report (i.e., communities supported, number of low-to-moderate income (LMI) individuals or families benefitted, types of services provided, etc.
Schools or units of government: Submit your request on official letterhead and attach only the first two documents requested.
Step 3 – Submit
Make a copy for your records. Submit all materials through the Sierra Grant Online Application Portal. The Sierra Grant Committee will review your request, make funding recommendations, and contact you for information and status updates.
For inquiries about the Sierra Grant application process, please call 888-454-BANK.